Upskilling@Work is a funded operation supported by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government. It is part of a pan-Wales operation designed to enhance skills and increase productivity in the workplace, providing opportunities for employers to gain accredited qualifications for their workforce. £19m has been allocated to the Upskilling@Work scheme. We’re pleased to announce the project has been extended until June 2023.
The project is being delivered by Coleg Gwent, Coleg Y Cymoedd, Bridgend College, Cardiff and Vale College, The College Merthyr Tydfil and NPTC Group.
The Training offered is:
- Demand led
- Focused on the individual requirements of your team
- Delivered at a time and place convenient to your business.
- Geared to ensure your workforce is equipped with job specific skills
Potential Benefits for your Business:
- Increased Employee motivation
- Increased productivity
- Increased profit
- Increased Customer satisfaction
What support will you get?
Upskilling@Work has programmes (titled Specific Objective 1 and Specific Objective 2) operating in 2 regions – East Wales and West Wales and the Valleys.
Both operations are identical but they target staff at different levels of skills competency:
- SO1 provides training at Entry Level and Level 2 for employees who have no or low qualifications.
- SO2 provides training for employees to increase their technical or job specific skills from Level 3 to Level 6.
If the training is on our approved list of courses, and is delivered by a participating college, then it can be offered to your business at a reduced cost.
If there is a specific course more suitable for your business that’s not on the approved list – and therefore not eligible for financial support – we can apply for it to be added on your behalf.
We’ll work with you to identify staff suitable for the programme, and implement a training plan that will increase generic, technical and transferable skills at all levels – from Entry Level 1 to Level 6 – right across the workforce.
Is your business eligible?
Upskilling@Work operates in 2 regions:
- West Wales and the Valleys – Bridgend, RCT, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen
- East Wales – Monmouth, Newport, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan and Powys
Any business, large or small, operating in either of these regions should qualify for the programme. However, there are some specific eligibility criteria, so to identify the best training options for your business contact us for further advice.
Upskilling@Work is part-funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.